sexta-feira, 12 de outubro de 2007

The company of Wolves (Angela Carter)

Well… I do think, tonight, on such a night, that I should wear nothing but my skin, for why should I go clothed when the poor wolves outside do not…

My skirt… my blouse… one stocking… two stockings… on to the fire! What a blaze!

Oh, hush and be quiet, Granny, while your granddaughter entertains your visitor!

There. See? All my clothes burned up. Oh, sir, your eyes – what a big eyes do you have - they are watering! Are you in pain? Can’t you bear the bright light?

Oh, sir, don’t turn your head away… not from a poor girl like me. Or is it the firelight has got into my skin, too? Do I blaze, sir? Am I to bright for you, sir?

What is it, sir? Is it that you are having some difficulty turning into a wolf, sir, because I’ve had my clothes off first? Is that it?

Oh, fine gentleman, fair is fair. If I am to go naked, then you must go naked, too. Let me unbutton that shirt for you… Don’t struggle, now… what does my mammy say, “Let’s skin the rabbit, but this rabbit has fur underneath his skin…

What a big arms you have. There… put them around me… there…

I do believe, since you got here before me, that you owe ma a kiss.

What big teeth you have!

There we are… lay your head in my lap, there… your great, grey grizzled head… let me scratch your lovely ears, you can hear the clouds move, can’t you, you can hear the grass grow, such sensitive ears, so quick of hearing… and I can see the lice move on your fur, poor beast…

And I shall pick the lice out, would that be a kindness to you…

Nenhum comentário: